- These Terms & Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the supply of copywriting services by me (freelance copywriter) to you (client).
- I shall provide my services diligently and loyally and shall use my best endeavours to promote your interests.
- I shall use all reasonable means to complete my services within time frames estimated. However, this by no means will affect the performance of any copywriting services.
- Quoted fees are valid for 30 days from the date of submission. After that, I reserve the right to alter them without notice.
Fees & Payment
- For new clients, the first project will be invoiced 50% in advance for immediate payment (cleared funds) prior to the commencement of work.
- Invoices for projects of under £500 will have to be cleared within 7 days and under £1,000 to be cleared within 14 days.
- For projects of over £1,000, 50% payment will have to be made in advance, 25% (of the total amount due) after I submit the first draft and the rest will be payable on sign off unless otherwise agreed.
- Regular, ongoing work will be invoiced at the start of the month in question unless otherwise agreed.
- Work shall be considered completed and a final invoice will be issued if no client feedback is received for 14 days from submission of any draft or proof (unless otherwise agreed in advance).
Debt recovery costs and interest are chargeable in accordance with The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended and supplemented by Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002. I shall be entitled to charge interest on overdue invoices from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at the current rate of interest per annum above the current base rate of the Bank of England – see Pay On Time for up to date details.
Foreign bank transfer and/or currency exchange fees are to be paid by the client.
Work ethics – Freelance Copywriting
- Copyright on any work created by me is retained until the invoice for that work has been paid, at which point copyright is assigned to the client.
- You shall provide your registered company address if a registered company or a residential address (as per current electoral roll) if a sole trader.
- It is your obligation to ensure you maintain communication throughout the duration of a freelance copywriting project, that you have contracted. If I do not hear from you for 7 days, despite sending you at least one email to an address through which we have corresponded earlier, I will invoice for payment as per our agreed terms.
- From time to time I may work for companies in similar or related markets to yours. I will not undertake projects if that would create a conflict of interest. All information received from clients in spoken or written form will be treated as confidential and will not be divulged to third parties or used in any way except in the performance of duties agreed.
- I confirm that the quality of freelance copywriter services offered by me shall conform to generally accepted industry standards and practices and I will take every precaution to avoid errors and misinterpretations. However, once I have submitted the work, the final responsibility for published material belongs to the client.
- I give no warranty or undertaking as to the effectiveness or success of creative work, reports, plans or consultancy, or as to the achievement of any of the objectives therein, or for achieving sales targets or other measures of commercial performance, or as to the consequences of implementing any recommendations contained therein. The client accepts full responsibility.
- All details of consultancy work undertaken for the client shall be treated as confidential by me or any other personnel working for or on behalf of Bisma Hashmi Writes. If you have any questions about my freelance copywriting Terms & Conditions, please contact me.